All 13 art Reviews

Perspective Perspective

Awesome! Looks like a 3D render.

Is this U-Balt?

radiodark responds:

MICA, but we're right up the street from University of Baltimore.

Personal Desk Personal Desk

Sine you were going for realistic...

I can't give you too many points after you've stated your intention. However, the model itself is quite nice. There isn't a whole lot of detail in this, but there doesn't need to be. You did what there was to be done correctly.

This is lacking the proper materials and lighting, but I'm sure you know that because your robots are more than ten times better.

3D-xelu responds:

hehe.. thanks :P

this was my first render with Vray and i know the lighting suck..

it was for a 2 step chalange... step1 > build a desk step2 > fill it with "items"

aaannddd nobody did the step 2 so i was to lazy to finish it :P

Naga/Protoss hybrid Naga/Protoss hybrid

Wow, awesome

You really nailed the Protoss armor. The Naga comes out in the body, but you might have added some fins to the head, protruding from the helmet. The light effect on the tail piece is pretty cool, but the rest of the tail sections lack finished detail like the armor has.

Overall, it's a good piece of work. Keep it up.

Cactus cactus cactus Cactus cactus cactus

I like it

You are right to want to correct the proportions a little bit. My other advice would be to not use white to highlight the pot. The more porous the material is, the darker the highlight should be. So if the pot is plastic make the highlight brighter. If the pot is ceramic make the highlight lighter than the base color, but not by much.

Also, you should shade your cacti a little bit and use a light gray for the needles. The flower looks amazing.

RandomExploit responds:

Thanks for the helpful tips!

Edit : I also put them into the cactus.

Magic Book Magic Book

Good attention to detail

You really managed to pull off the design nicely at such a small scale. I remember reading a review by MindChamber on one pixel art submission that suggested the artist blow up the picture so we can see the pixels and then leave the original version up in the corner.

Again, very nice detail.

Lizardman974 responds:

I see where you're going with this. You're saying to show a bigger version of this with the current version in the corner. I like the idea and I'll be sure to do it soon!

Edit: It won't let me upload it without it becoming so small you can't see the original. I'll just upload the big version separately.

Jinno Scribble Jinno Scribble

Wow

Do more stuff like this. I would probably like it better in black on white instead of inverted, but this lends a dark quality to it that evokes the right mood, I think.

Fast Lava Lamp Fast Lava Lamp

Good animation

I like the animation. It's smooth, if a little fast. My qualm with this piece is that you seem to have used a gradient for the base of the lamp, which takes away from the whole pixel art feel.

Stickman91 responds:

The animation IS rather fast. I could have slowed it down a tad, but then it would've looked too choppy, and I didn't feel like making a bunch of extra animation frames. As for the gradient on the lamp base, I didn't use an algorithm-generated gradient; rather, I made it pixel by pixel with a palette of colors I chose. But I agree that it does look a bit "nonpixeled".
Anyway, thanks for reviewing, glad you liked it!

Plateaumantis Plateaumantis

Love it

Your bots are awesome! They have a ton of detail without being too overwhelming and maintain their simplicity. Your global lighting is good to. What program are you using?

3D-xelu responds:

3d max .. rendered with default skyline... (clay render) :D thanks tho

NG VaultBoy: Level 4 NG VaultBoy: Level 4

Coming along nicely

I like the whole idea.

Your renditions of Vault Boy are near perfect in my opinion.

mia mia

Nice

I can't help but feel that this is framed perfectly.

The piece as a whole looks good at a glance, but looking at it more only reveals details that really bring it all together. Very nice work.